The Laurens County Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the following position within the Public Works Department.
CDL DRIVER-Full time with benefits
Reports to Roads and bridges foreman.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Including but not limited to:
- operates trucks and other equipment to excavate and compact earth;
- load/unload and move/haul materials;
- cut down/remove trees;
- install pipe;
- construct roads and catch basins and other drainage structures;
- mow grass along roadsides;
- perform other general or specialized functions of the department;
- operates dump trucks, roll-off trucks and other trucks;
- may operate motor grader, bush hog, back hoe, roller, trailers, tractors, roller, packer, etc.;
- manually loads/unloads materials onto vehicles;
- uses hand and power tools in various manual tasks as required;
- inspects equipment to ensure proper and safe working condition; and
- reports defects or required maintenance to the supervisor.
Minimum Class B CDL license.
Base hourly rate $13.68.
All interested persons may download an application at the link below and apply by one of the following ways:
- U.S.P.S mail
Laurens County Administrative Office, Human Resources Suite, 100 Hillcrest Sq., Laurens, SC 29360
Applications received until 4:00 PM, Thursday, March 7, 2019.