Laurens County is accepting applications for a full-time Payroll/Benefits Specialist. A payroll and benefits specialist’s role is to oversee and manage a company’s compensation procedures, ensuring accuracy and timeliness. Their responsibilities typically include gathering and organizing timesheets, preparing and processing documentation, monitoring employee attendance and schedules, updating databases, preparing and processing invoices, and maintaining records of all transactions. Furthermore, as a payroll and benefits specialist, it is essential to maintain an active communication line with other staff to ensure accuracy in operations, all while adhering to the company’s policies and regulations. Reports to the Deputy Director of Human Resources.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
– Maintain all employee payroll records in the computer system. ? Review all time and attendance records for each pay period.
– Compute and pay all employee overtime, etc.
– Compute and make all necessary deductions from employee paychecks and send payments to appropriate agencies.
– Facilitate production of paychecks through Paylocity
– Serve as the benefits representative to the SC Retirement & PEBA benefits.
– Process County wide health benefit enrollment information. Maintain all changes to employee benefit coverage.
– Maintain benefit files and confidentiality of all records and information.
– Process COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) notification for employee’s leaving Laurens County
– Process and maintain 1095 file for ACA (Affordable Care Act).
– Process and maintain all verification of employment
Organizes and assists with special projects and performs specialized duties peculiar to assigned department.
Performs routine clerical duties as required, including but not limited to copying and filing documents, retrieving files, sending and receiving faxes and e-mails, assembling and collating documents, processing daily mail, maintaining lists and logs, ordering supplies, etc.
Readies office equipment for daily use; maintains equipment supplies and monitors maintenance needs.
Receives and responds to inquiries, requests for assistance and/or complaints in areas of responsibility.
Refers to meeting minutes, directories, policy and procedure manuals, laws/regulations, reference texts, etc.
Operates a variety of office equipment such as telephone system, computer, copier, printer, fax machine, laminating machine; uses a variety of office tools and materials and computer software for word and data processing.
Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the supervisor, co-workers, vendors, and the general public.
Attends training, meetings, seminars and/or workshops to enhance job knowledge and skills.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Performs related work as required.
Minimum Training and Experience
Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent with one to two years of experience in clerical or payroll/benefits work; or any equivalent combination of training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The successful applicant is required to pass pre-employment background check and drug testing. Compensation includes salary and a full health, retirement, vacation, sick leave and benefits package.
Salary: $19.88 per hour
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- U.S.P.S mail
Laurens County Administrative Office, Human Resources Suite, 100 Hillcrest Sq., Laurens, SC 29360