The Office of Delinquent Tax Collector in Laurens County is under the general supervision of the County Treasurer and is operated by the appointed Delinquent Tax Collector.

On March 17th each year all delinquent taxes are turned over to the Delinquent Tax Collector for collection. The South Carolina state statutes prescribe the tax sale collection procedure in Title XII, Chapter 51. You may review that code section for the details.

Hayley S. Wood
Laurens County
Delinquent Tax Collector

P.O. Box 1049
100 Hillcrest Square, Suite E.
Laurens, SC 29360

Phone: 864-984-4742
Fax: 864-984-3922

Frequently Asked Questions:

Check the Laurens County Advertiser and the Clinton Chronicle for location and time.

The list will be published in the Laurens County Advertiser or the Clinton Chronicle.

All bidders are encouraged to pre-register for the sale. Please see the link on our website or come by the office and fill out a form. There is no fee to register. View Bidder Registration Form by clicking here.

The bid must be paid in full at the end of the sale. We accept cash, postal money orders, cashier’s check, certified check, MasterCard, Discover, and Visa.

The opening bid is placed on behalf of the Forfeited Land Commission. If no other bid is received, the property may be available for assignment from the FLC.  View Current FLC List by clicking here.

Bidders or a representative must be present the day of sale.

The county will issue the successful bidder a tax deed within 45 days of the end of the redemption period. The bidder is responsible for quieting the title.  Please consult your attorney for this process.