ABOUT OUR OFFICE
The primary function of the Assessor’s Office is to identify, map, classify and assess residential, commercial, agricultural and vacant real property within Laurens County for ad valorem tax purposes within the guidelines of South Carolina Code of Laws, South Carolina Department of Revenue regulations and Laurens County ordinances. While the Assessor’s Office determines the value of property, the local taxing authority which consists of the County, City, individual school districts, the Water and Sewer Commission, as well as other entities, ultimately decides how much money is required to provide services.
Additional functions of our office include:
- Accepting and processing appeals of values generated by our office
- Transferring ownership of real property through recorded deeds
- Reviewing and qualifying properties for Legal Residence and Agricultural Use
- Processing rollback taxes for changes in use from Agricultural to alternate use and providing rollback estimates
- Accepting and processing applications for Multiple Lot Developer Discounts, Homeowner’s Associations, Commercial ATI Exemptions and Active Military Residential Exemptions
- Changing mailing addresses for real property and mobile homes as requested
Our office is prohibited from providing legal advice of any kind.
CARS, BOATS, & BUSINESS PERSONAL PROPERTY QUESTIONS:
- Call the Auditor’s Office at (864) 984-2535.
MOBILE HOME REGISTRATION, SET-UP, RELOCATION OR DETITLING:
- Call Building Codes at (864) 984-6659.
PAYMENT OPTIONS, DEADLINES & ESCROW QUESTIONS:
- Call the Treasurer’s Office at (864) 984-4742.