- Install, upgrade, and maintain IT network infrastructure such as WAN, LAN, Internet and email access.
- Provide network security (anti-virus, anti-spam, spyware & intrusion detection) and daily backup of servers.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain software applications to enable County departments to meet the demands of federal, state, and local mandates.
- Provide services to the public in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Install, upgrade, and repair desktop equipment. Provide the most efficient equipment, maintaining this equipment in good working condition and replacing or repairing equipment as necessary.
- Provide Help Desk support to better track and resolve problems. Calls are logged and assigned to IT staff for resolution.
- Provide employee training on current versions of Desktop software.
The Information Technology Department supports the Laurens County Government Departments. This department is responsible for the procurement, installation, and support of the technology resources of the County including maintaining the network and desktop equipment necessary to provide access to these information assets.
Laurens County I.T. will provide innovative solutions using efficient and effective technology to meet all the requirements of County departments and agencies. Laurens County IT will use the highest quality, most cost-effective system development, and computer technology available to aid County departments in providing improved levels of service to the public.