The Laurens County Recycling & Collection Department serves the needs of the County for the disposal of household garbage at the various “Box Sites” and for the recycling of various products. This Recycling & Collection Department is located on 202 Landfill Road just off the 127 By-Pass West of Laurens. The normal hours of operation for the Recycling and Collection Department is Monday to Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. All loads delivered to the Recycling and Collections site must be received and unloaded at least 15 minutes before the posted closing times.
The Laurens County Recycling & Collection Department operates ten (10) “Green Box” collection sites located throughout the County.
Hours of Operation – “Green Box Sites”
(Holidays are published as a Public Notice with local media)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Saturday 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM
Sunday from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
All sites are closed on Wednesday
Click here to find a Green Box Site near you.
These items will be directed by the attending staff at each location as to where these materials are to be disposed.
“Green Box” Sites accept the following:
- Day-to-Day household garbage – (residential trash)
- Tires – five (5) per household (without rims) – NO commercial off-road tires or big truck tires. They must be brought to the Laurens County Recycling & Collections Site.
- Paper – newspapers, inserts, magazines, computer / office paper, etc.
- Used Oil – motor oil, gear oil, automatic transmission fluid, kerosene, diesel fuel, hydraulic fluid (limts on all items is five (5) gallons. Commercial or bulk loads go to the County Recycling & Collection Site.
- Oil filers, aluminum cans, batteries (car, truck, tractor, motorcycle and etc.)
- E-waste for electronics are accepted at each site. Commercial or bulk loads go to the County Recycling & Collection Site
- Glass – brown, clear or green (no mixed colored glass) only food / beverage glass is accepted
- Cardboard – Commercial or bulk loads must be taken to the Laurens County Landfill Recycling & Collection Site
Laurens County “Landfill (CLOsED)” Recycling & Collection Site:
- Commercial and Bulk Loads of cardboard, E-waste, commercial off-road tires, big truck tires, Used Oil – motor oil, gear oil, automatic transmission fluid, kerosene, diesel fuel, hydraulic fluid over five (5) gallons.
- Limbs and Brush – Commercial loads will be charged $26.00 per ton.
- Leaves must be bagged – Commercial loads will be charged $26.00 per ton.
- Tires – After five (5) tires (without the rims) a charge of $99.00 per ton.
- Commercial Tires – (large truck tires) a charge of $120.00 per ton.
- Off-road Tires – a charge of $200.00 per ton.
- Electronics – no charge
- Plastics (#1 & #2 – on bottom of containers) must go to the Landfill only.
- Cardboard – Residential or Commercial – no charge.
- Metal – large appliances, steel, bicycles, lawnmowers, etc – no charge.
Office Hours: 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM / Monday thru Friday