FEE CHANGES – EFFECTIVE MAY 13, 2020
PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME OF OUR COMMERCIAL FEES HAVE INCREASED.
The Laurens County Recycling & Collection Department serves the needs of the County for the disposal of household garbage at the various “Box Sites” and for the recycling of various products. This Recycling & Collection Department is located at 202 Landfill Road just off the Bypass 127, west of Laurens. The normal hours of operation for the Recycling & Collection Department is Monday to Friday, from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. All loads delivered to the Recycling &Collections site must be received and unloaded at least 15 minutes before the posted closing times.
The Laurens County Recycling & Collection Department operates ten (10) “Green Box” collection sites located throughout the County.
Hours of Operation – “Green Box Sites”
(Holidays are published as a Public Notice with local media)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Saturday 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM
Sunday from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
All sites are closed on Wednesday
Click here to find a Green Box Site near you.
These items will be directed by the attending staff at each location as to where these materials are to be disposed.
“Green Box” Sites accept the following:
- Day-to-Day household garbage – (residential trash)
- Tires – five (5) per household (without rims) per week – NO commercial off-road tires or big truck tires. They must be brought to the Laurens County Recycling & Collections Site.
- Paper – newspapers, inserts, magazines, computer/office paper, etc.
- Used Oil – motor oil, gear oil, automatic transmission fluid, kerosene, diesel fuel, hydraulic fluid (limit on all items is five (5) gallons. Commercial or bulk loads go to the County Recycling & Collection Site.
- Oil filters, aluminum cans, batteries (car, truck, tractor, motorcycle and etc.)
- E-waste for electronics is accepted at each site. Commercial or bulk loads go to the County Recycling & Collection Site
- Glass – brown, clear or green (no mixed colored glass) only food/beverage glass is accepted
- Cardboard – Commercial or bulk loads must be taken to the Laurens County Landfill Recycling & Collection Site
Laurens County Recycling & Collection Site:
Please note that our landfill is no longer in operation
- Commercial and Bulk Loads of cardboard, E-waste, commercial off-road tires, big truck tires, Used Oil – motor oil, gear oil, automatic transmission fluid, kerosene, diesel fuel, hydraulic fluid over five (5) gallons.
- Limbs and Brush – Commercial loads will be charged $42.00 per ton.
- Leaves must be bagged – Commercial loads will be charged $42.00 per ton.
- Residential – Limit to five (5) tires (without the rims) per week for no charge.
- Auto/Heavy Truck Tires – $150.00 per ton.
- Off-road Tires – $200.00 per ton.
- Electronics – no charge
- Plastics (#1 & #2 – on the bottom of containers) must go to a landfill only.
- Cardboard – Residential or Commercial – no charge.
- Metal – large appliances, steel, bicycles, lawnmowers, etc – no charge.
Where do our Recyclables Go?
|recyclable||taken to or picked up by|
|Paper, Plastic, Cardboard||Pratt Industries in Duncan|
|Batteries||Greenwood Battery in Greenwood|
|Metal Goods, Aluminum||Wilson Recycling in Laurens|
|Glass||Twin Chimney used as soil aggregate or waste as demand dictates|
|Tires||SC Tire Processing in Jackson|
|Electronics, TVs, Computers||Synergy Recycling in North Carolina|
Thank you for all your efforts.
Office Hours: 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM / Monday thru Friday