Current Projects and Public Commenting
The Laurens County Technical Review Committee will be utilizing an email public commenting format during the review of subdivision and commercial projects located within the County. Public comments will be collected by a posted deadline each month and forwarded to each member of the Technical Review Committee prior to the Technical Review Committee meeting, and the Planning Commission members when required. Public comments must be related to the individual project being reviewed by, and located within, the authority or jurisdiction of Laurens County. Please keep in mind that your e-mail address, comments, and other information will become part of the official public record.
Laurens County Government reserves the right to delete any or all comments. Ordinarily, moderators will not remove a comment or post based on a person’s or third party’s opinion or viewpoint. The types of comments/posts that are prohibited and subject to removal by the County are as follows:
- Posts and comments that contain language that is considered defamatory, offensive, threatening, harassing, and target, defame, or disparage an individual or individuals.
- Posts or comments that target or disparage any race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or content otherwise deemed inappropriate.
- Posts and comments that violate any federal, state, or local law or advocate illegal activity.
- Posts and comments that promote particular services, products, or political organizations, or promote, oppose, or advertise any person campaigning for election to a political office or promoting or opposing ballot propositions.
- Post or comments with personally identifiable information of the applicant not provided by the County, including but not limited to, Social Security Numbers, home or business addresses, email addresses, or phone numbers.
- Fraudulent posts.
- Posts or comments that contain information that could compromise the safety or security of the applicant and/or agents, the public, public officials, Laurens County employees, or public systems.
- Posts or comments with content that could violate the legal ownership interest of any other party.
- Duplicate posts
- Posts or comments that include embedded links to external websites or applications.
All comments must include the project number and name in the subject line and include the commentor’s name and address in the closing of the message. Comments will be limited to 150 words per project. If you have any additional questions concerning the project, please contact the property owner or agent at the email address or phone number provided within the project summary. The deadline for public commenting on a project is the 3rd Friday of each month. The project summary and copies of the Applicant submittals will be posted on the Planning Department webpage when the application is found to be complete, and public comments for the posted projects will be accepted by the form below.