The Laurens County Human Resources Department is accepting applications for a full time Dispatcher for the Laurens County 911 Department. The applicant must be able to function under the general supervision of the Emergency Communications Coordinator, perform duties relating to the control of all radio and telephone communications for the Sheriff’s Department, the Laurens County Rural Fire Department, the Laurens County Emergency Medical Service and Municipal Police and Fire Departments. Minimum requirements are:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED equivalent;
- Must successfully undergo a rigid background check;
- Must have basic computer knowledge with minimum typing skills of 35 wpm;
- Must have the ability to speak clearly and distinctly in transmission over the two-way radio system;
- Must have the ability to work 12 hour shifts. endure sitting for extended periods viewing a computer monitor and operating a keyboard;
- Ability to attend and complete specialized training through the Criminal Justice Academy of 911 Operations.
All interested persons may download an application at the link below and apply by one of the following ways:
- U.S.P.S mail
Laurens County Administrative Office, Human Resources Suite, 100 Hillcrest Sq., Laurens, SC 29360
Applications will be accepted until filled.