- Coordinate maintenance requests, work orders, and compliance
- Ensure county-owned and county-leased facilities are safe, well maintained, and inviting
- Develop conceptual plans for existing and future county-owned and county-leased facilities
- Compile preliminary cost estimates for proposed recreation projects
- Maintain a prioritization plan for improvements, expansions, and new facilities
- Perform yearly assessments of all county-owned and county-leased facilities.
Conduct yearly community input meetings for county-owned or county leased facilities
- Maintain working relationships with community and athletic organizations
- Manage requests to equally support county-owned and county-leased facilities
Explore federal, state, and private funding to finance recreation project
Laurens County Branding
Laurens County is widely known for its proximity to major interstates, the SC inland port and the Upstate’s international airport. This, along with available land, low taxes and a qualified workforce makes Laurens County a logical location for industry and business. What is not often associated with Laurens County is the sense of community, small-town charm and abundant recreational opportunities. These things have remained a local secret for decades and, if developed and promoted correctly, could be enormous assets to attracting new businesses, residents and visitors.
Click on the image to the right to download the complete plan.
The Parks, Recreation and Tourism Department of Laurens County will ensure that the availability of athletic, passive, and water recreation opportunities effectively serve the diverse needs and interests of area residents, as well as visitors.
100 Hillcrest Square
Laurens, SC 29360
Office Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM / M – F