The Administrative Assistant assists the Director in conducting all federal, state and county elections within Laurens County as well as those in the Clinton, Laurens, Waterloo, Cross Hill, and Gray Court.
He/she supports and receives general supervision from the Executive Director.
Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining a database of all registered voters in the County. Updates to this information are constant and include determining precincts and voting districts for each registered voter.
- Requires studying journals, manuals and professional publications.
- Must relate positively to members of the general public, candidates and other officials.
- Determine qualifications of voter registration applicants.
- Validate signatures from petitions for candidates and new political parties.
- Perform duties of Executive director in her absence.
- Assist in completing absentee voting procedures.
- Maintain county voter registration records.
- Must have computer skills, especially in data entry. Office 360 is a MUST.
- Proficiency in map reading, GIS, districting and districting is a plus.
- Requires handling or using voting machines and office equipment including computers for data entry, fax machines, copiers, telephones or similar equipment.
The Administrative Assistant must complete the SEC Training and Certification Program within 18 months of initial hiring. Following certification, he/she must participate in at least one training course each year. (7-5-10 and 7-5-35).
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to applications received by 4:00 pm Thursday, March 19, 2020. The selected candidate will undergo a drug screening and must pass a criminal background check.
Email resume to:
Laurens County Government
Ref: VR & Elections Administrative Assistant